The best way to understand streaming TV is to jump in and do it.
Note: This page contains affiliate links. If you buy sometimes using a link, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you (it helps pay for my Netflix).
- Make sure your internet speed is at minimum 25 Mbps
- Or run an internet speed test (this will give you a better idea of how fast your internet is with all your various devices connected)
- Be aware if your internet plan has data caps
- Order this modem/router
- You might be renting your modem/router from your cable company, owning your own will save you money over time
- This modem/router is compatible with Comcast. If you have a different internet company, check to make sure it is compatible
- Order a Roku Ultra and set it up on your main TV (or see if your library has one to borrow!)
- Order a Roku Streaming Stick for your other TVs
- Sign up for a free trial of Sling TV (7 days)**
- MAKE SURE you cancel your free trial before it is over. Otherwise your credit card will be charged!
- Try free trials on these other services one at a time.
- Other apps you can use on Roku (to name a few):
- HBO, Showtime, Starz, Netflix, Hulu (each have a free trial period but do require a subscription after that)
- Amazon Prime Video (included with Amazon Prime membership)
- FREE Apps: PBS, PBS kids, YouTube
ONLY USE Streaming for a week and see how it goes!!
**Don’t forget to cancel your free trial RIGHT AWAY to avoid being charged after 7 days. Even if you cancel immediately, you will still have access to the entirety of the free trial.
If you still need help, please reach out and I can help you! Please see my Services page.