One of the biggest advantages of Hulu Live is that it includes the entire Hulu streaming library. (There is also a Live TV only plan for $39/month. Yes, you will save $1 per month but will miss out on a ton of streaming content. In my opinion, not worth it.)
- Watch on 2 screens simultaneously
- Upgrade to the unlimited screens option for $15/month
- (unlimited on wifi, 3 screens on the go)
- Up to 6 profiles per household
- 50 hours of Cloud DVR
- Option for enhanced Cloud DVR for 200 hours
- $25 cash back with Ebates for new customers – one time only (that means your first month is only $15!)
- Option to add on premium channels: HBO ($15/month), Showtime ($11/month) and Cinemax ($10/month). These are their standard monthly rates.
Live local channels for the Chicago area are:
- My TV
- NBC Sports Chicago
- NBCSN Plus
- Telemundo Chicago
Hulu Live can’t be accessed on a “living room device” outside your home network. Hulu says that subscriptions are meant for a single household and cannot be shared.
This can cause problems if you plan on traveling with a streaming device (as we frequently do). If you own a Chromcast, you can cast onto a TV while traveling, but other streaming devices (Roku or Amazon Fire) may not work. Hulu also cautions that if you travel frequently, be sure to use your mobile device in your home network once every 30 days to prevent interruption of service.
Move on to Philo
Go back to Live TV Streaming Services